I thought this might be mildly interesting. Just a few facts that you probably didn't know about me and my art! Hope you enjoy!
• The first appearance of my current character style, and my main character, Yalé ("Mehn" species) was in my piece "Toxic Mix
" in 2009
• My "Mehn" characters initially started out as a mutated fish with large lips.
• My characters where originally meant to be graffiti characters which I had planned to accompany my tag.
• The name Yalé originates from the name of the Vancouver neighbourhood, Yaletown. It is pronounced "Yah-lay"
• My username, "Ecstatic" comes from the Mos Def album, The Ecstatic.
• "ectsy" stands for Ecstatic Creates T-Shirts for You. It initially was supposed to be my dream t-shirt company.
• "ectsy" derives from my nickname, Ecstatic, which I used on all tagging forums and graphic communities. It first appeared as typographical element in my piece "aa
" in September 2008.
• I consider my piece "Nomadic
" to be my current magnum opus.
• My piece "Imagination to Reality
" is based off of a video game concept I was working on.
• In my piece "Color Crusher
", the green character on the left, I made when I was 10.
• There is an error in my piece "The Perfect Shot
". The film hanging in the background should have contained negative images.
• My piece "Eeek
" is 8 feet tall. When getting it printed, it needed special framing and reinforcement to stop it from bowing.
• The "KING
" series was originally meant to be a series of illustrations for a children's book concept I sent to publishers about different animals around the world going to sleep. There are two other pieces in the series that I haven't released that feature a crocodile and a chimpanzee.
• My piece "antan
" contains the first appearance of my "Clover Eyes" on the characters emerging from the projector screen.
• In my piece "Captain Cutlass
", the tree, parrot and boat from my piece "Escape Remix
" and the whale from "KING Whale
" are present in the background.
• The same black rocket ship can be seen in "Escape Remix
", "Imagination to Reality
", "The Invasive Species
", and "The Next Generation
"; and follows its journey in that order.
•The planets from "The Invasive Species
" can be seen in the background of "The Next Generation
• In my piece "Beyond the Pond
", the cat from "Stay On My Grind
" can be seen on the floor as a plushie. Beside him is the ball from the N64 game, "Glover".
• The UFO seen in "Beyond the Pond
" can also be seen on the floor in "Imagination to Reality